If signs of facial aging bother you, facelift surgery may be right for you.
Board certified plastic surgeons Dr. Derby and Dr. Buchanan perform facelift surgical procedures to improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck, such as:
- Sagging in the midface
- Deep creases below the lower eyelids
- Deep creases along the nose extending to the corner of the mouth
- Fat that has fallen or is displaced
- Loss of muscle tone in the lower face may create jowls
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw can make even a person of normal weight appear to have a double chin
Rejuvenation procedures typically performed in conjunction with a facelift are brow lift to correct a sagging or deeply furrowed brow, and eyelid surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes.
Is a Facelift Right for You?
Facelift surgery with Spokane Plastic Surgeons is a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You do not smoke
- You have a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
What a Facelift Will Not Do
As a restorative surgery, a facelift does not change your fundamental appearance and cannot stop the aging process.
A facelift can only be performed surgically; non-surgical rejuvenation treatments cannot achieve the same results, but may help delay the time at which a facelift becomes appropriate and complement the results of surgery.
It may take several months for swelling to fully dissipate and up to six months for incision lines to mature to where they are barely noticeable. Life-long sun protection will help to maintain your rejuvenated appearance by minimizing photo-aging or sun damage. In addition, a healthy lifestyle will also help extend the results of your rejuvenated, more youthful appearance.
Contact us today for more information about facelift surgery.